1. What information does the Site collect?
There are several types of information gathered when using a website, including information that the user voluntarily provides and information that is collected through automatic data collection technology (collectively referred to herein as “User Data”), which may include Personal Information.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked with you or your household. For example, it could include your name, social security number, email address, records of products purchased, internet browsing history, geolocation data, and inferences from other personal information that could create a profile about your preferences and characteristics, that is not publicly available from federal, state, or local government records.
1.1 Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us, which may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Personal Information, including the following categories of information:
- full name
- email address
- phone number
- shipping address
- a record of your orders, purchase history, username and password, and shopping behavior and preferences
- billing information and payment details (such as billing address, bank information, credit card details, and other sensitive financial information, specifically for the purpose of completing your transaction)
- Business/organization name
- Correspondence, such as queries and information you post on the Sites or provide via means other than the Sites, including blogs, social media sites, email, or other online and offline communications;
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
Such information is maintained on one or more databases as is reasonably required to serve you and operate the Sites.
1.2 Information Collected Automatically
In addition to the information you provide to us, we may use a variety of technologies that automatically collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (collectively, “Usage Information”). Usage Information may include:
- internet protocol (IP) addresses or universally unique identifier (UUID), or other unique identifiers automatically assigned to your device (“Device Identifier”)
- browser type, hardware, mobile network information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, and date/time stamps,
- location and geographic information, and/or
- clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve marketing, analytics, and site functionality. However, if we associate Usage Information with Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
We use a variety of methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”), including:
Cookies - A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in Section 5 below.
Web Beacons – Web beacons are small images that may be included in our Site and in our messages and may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- counting visitors to the Site,
- monitoring how users navigate the Site,
- counting how many sent emails were opened, or
- counting how many particular links were viewed
Embedded Scripts - An embedded script collects information about how you use the Site. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device while you are connected to the Site and is deactivated or deleted when you leave.
Entity tags – entity tags are unique identifiers assigned to a specific version of the resource that exists on the server. If the resource content ever changes, a new and different entity tag is assigned. Entity tags may generate unique tracking values even when the user blocks cookies.
A/B Testing – A/B testing is a user experience research methodology which compares the performance of two versions of content to see which one appeals more to users.
Recognition Technologies – Recognition technologies make assumptions about users and devices such as analyzing whether a user of multiple devices is the same user.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use your information to provide our products and services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing your payment information, shipping and fulfillment of your order, providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicating with you, screening orders for potential risk or fraud, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers. Additionally, when permitted by the preferences you have shared with us, we may also use your information to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services. We also use your personal information to support our business functions, such as fraud prevention, marketing, and legal functions. Some examples include:
- Processing, verifying, validating, and completing your transaction
- Creating, managing, and maintaining your account on this Site
- Providing requested live customer support and services
- Record keeping of your purchase history
- Enabling communication via our Site, and social networks
- Managing your participation in promotions
- Sending email as permitted
- Complying with law
3. How and When Is Information Shared With Third Parties
Your information, including Personal Information, may be shared with third parties, including parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies and partners and our third-party processors in order to:
- Provide products and services to you. As described in Section 2, we may use third-party vendors to perform certain services on your behalf, such as the operation, design and hosting of the Site, tracking analytical information on the Site, and marketing, administrative, and financial services (including order processing).
- Protect the interests of Clement Packaging and others. We may use and share your information, including Personal Information, in order to comply with applicable law, regulation, or legal process, to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or court order, to protect the safety or security of the Site or any third-party, and to detect, prevent or address fraud or technical issues.
- Transfer the business or business interests. We may share and transfer your information, including Personal Information, to a successor entity in the event of a merger, consolidation, acquisition or similar transaction, including, without limitation, the sale of all or substantially all of our interests or assets.
Sharing of information for the above purposes may be completed without notice.
4. How long is Personal Information Retained?
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. This includes satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When you give up your membership, your Personal Information is retained for a short period of time in the event you decide to rejoin. After this period, your Personal Information will be securely destroyed or obfuscated.
5. How Can You Change or Delete Your Information, Opt-Out of Certain Practices Regarding the Use of Your Information, and Change Your Communication Preferences?
You may view or change information you have provided to us by contacting Clement Packaging at email@example.com. We may ask you to provide additional information before making these changes in order to verify your identity.
With some restrictions, you may make several requests of us with regard to your Personal Information, including requests, at any time, to:
- correct your Personal Information. You may request that we correct or supplement any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information that we hold about you.
- provide access to your Personal Information. You may request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you, free of charge. Please note, that we cannot provide your full credit card numbers.
- transfer your Personal Information. You may request we provide an electronic copy of the information you have provided to us to be shared in a format that may be sent to a third party.
- delete your Personal Information. You may request that we delete all or certain elements of your Personal Information. Please note, it is not always possible to completely delete information from our systems due to regulatory requirements or automatic data backup or archival methods.
- “Opt-out” or direct us not to sell your Personal Information. You may submit a request directing us not to, or to stop selling, your Personal Information. In addition, the following opt-out options are available to you to control or limit the use of information you provide:
- Limit Targeted Advertising - You may also reduce some targeted advertising by following the opt-out procedures available on the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) website at www.networkadvertising.org or if you are a California resident, pursuant to California Civil Code Section § 1798.83, you may request that your personal information not be shared with other companies for marketing purposes by contacting us at the email or phone number listed below.
- Prevent future promotional offers from Clement Packaging – We endeavor to only provide communications to Users who wish to receive them. In furtherance of this goal, we send confirmation emails which allow users to “opt-in” to receiving information. If at any time, you do not wish to receive future promotional offers from Clement Packaging, please contact us at the email or phone number listed below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may also unsubscribe from such communications by following the procedures described in the email.
If you would like to make a request or exercise any of these rights or options, please contact Clement Packaging at firstname.lastname@example.org. For opt-out requests relating to digital marketing, please visit Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Please note, if you refuse to provide your Personal Information to Clement Packaging or request that it delete or stop selling your Personal Information, and that Personal Information or sale is necessary for Clement Packaging to provide you with requested goods or services, Clement Packaging may not be able to complete that transition.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit any information request on your behalf, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will make good faith efforts to make the requested changes as soon as reasonably possible. However, we may need to retain prior information as business records in some limited circumstances.
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
6. What Rights Do You Have With Respect To Your Information?
6.1 California Consumer Protection Act
If you are a California resident, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to access or request the deletion of any Personal Information we hold about you and the right, at any time, to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information. In addition, California residents who have an established business relationship with Clement Packaging are entitled to request and obtain a list of Personal Information we have shared with third parties, including the categories of information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we have shared such information. To request this information and for any other questions about our privacy practices and compliance with California law, please contact us at the email or phone number listed below.
6.2 Right of Non-Discrimination.
Clement Packaging shall not deny goods or services, charge you a different price or provide a different level of services just because you elected to change or delete your information, exercised any of the opt-out options described above, or if you are a California resident, asserted any right under the CCPA.
7. How is Children’s Information Processed?
Clement Packaging’s Site is not intended for children and we encourage parents and guardians to be aware of and monitor the websites visited by their children. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If Clement Packaging learns that a child under the age of 18 has submitted Personal Information to our Site without guardian or parental consent, we will take all reasonable measures to remove or delete such information as soon as practicable and not use such information for any purpose, except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others or as required or allowed by law. If you believe a child under age 18 has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Where Is the Site Hosted?
9. How Is Information Secured?
We have instituted reasonable safeguards to promote the security of information collected on our Site. Nevertheless, the Site is not a secure website and Clement Packaging cannot and does not make any representations or warranties about the privacy or security of any information transmitted over the Internet or maintained in our systems. You agree that any data you provide through the Site is provided at your own risk and Clement Packaging is not responsible or liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the Site.
Clement Packaging may provide links to third-party websites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the security or information collection practices of any website that we do not own or control. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before using or accessing such sites or providing any information to or through them.
10. Limitations of Liability
CLEMENT PACKAGING WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONTINGENT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS PROVIDED, SUBMITTED OR OTHERWISE COLLECTED AS A RESULT OF THE USER’S ACCESS OR USE OF CLEMENT PACKAGING’S SITE, WHETHER CAUSED BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY, COMPUTER VIRUS, UNLAWFUL THIRD-PARTY ACTIVITY SUCH AS A DATA BREACH OR HACKING, OR OTHERWISE AND WHETHER THE ACTION IS BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, FRAUD, MISREPRESENTATION, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
12. Who can I Contact With Questions?
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.